Ignorance is the root and stem of all kinds of pain and suffering. Awakening is the first enlightenment experience and the end of ignorance.
“Indeed, the Blessed One is worthy and rightly self-awakened, consummate in knowledge & conduct, well-gone, an expert with regard to the world, unexcelled as a trainer for those people fit to be tamed, the Teacher of divine & human beings, awakened, blessed.” AN 11.12
Inner Awakening is about not waiting for life to happen to you, it is not about positive thinking, personal growth or just good health. It is about going beyond your normal happiness and pain, and awakening the unknown hidden potential energy in you that creates and bolts a powerful shift in your consciousness, permanently! (Paramahamsa Nithyananda)
“Enlightenment is not about becoming divine. Instead it’s about becoming more fully human. . . . It is the end of ignorance.” ― Lama Surya Das
As Yogi Bhajan said, “Show some respect for your hidden power. Awaken it!”
11 ways to achieve spiritual enlightenment:
1. Meditate: Meditation calms your mind and helps you to reduce the focus on stuff going on outside of you. Take at least 20 minutes a day to connect with the Universe by being still and quieting the mind.
2. Visualize: Take some time to form a mental picture of yourself as someone who is on a spiritual path. Develop the most complete picture you can of yourself as someone with strong faith, and return to that image often throughout the day.
3. Affirm: Know that you’re blessed. Know that you’re everything you wanted to be. Whatever you add after ‘I AM’ becomes true.
4. Pray: Prayer is the medium of miracles. Prayer is the natural communication of the created with the Creator. (ACIM) Pray as it is already answered. Don’t ask something to happen. Be thankful for it will happen. Pray from your heart.
5. Watch your words: Be careful with your words. Once they are said, they can be only forgiven, not forgotten.
6. Build a sangha: If you want to practice in a joyful way, surround yourself with a group of like-minded souls who truly support your dreams and desires.
7. Release the past: You don’t have to be the way you’ve always been. Past isn’t good or bad, it’s what you do with it. The only way you can accept new joy and happiness into your life is to make space for it.
8. Forgive: Peace can only be achieved by letting go of the past and accepting what is. But one can only do that if he practices forgiveness. By embracing forgiveness, you can also embrace peace, hope, gratitude and love.
9. Love: Karma is intricate, too vast. You would, with your limited human senses, consider it too unfair. But you have tools to really, truly love. Loving the children is very important. But love everyone as you would love your children. (Kuan Yin)
10. Let joy in: Sometimes we become so accustomed to feeling lost, we forget to appreciate times when life makes sense. When we feel good about our lives and ourselves, we doubt it will last. But to have joy in your life, you’re going to have to let yourself trust in joy, and believe you deserve it, and celebrate its arrival. Joy is always fleeting; recognize it when it comes and savor it fully. It will return more often.
11. Profoundly accept yourself, your life and this Universe exactly as it is right now.
“When looking for the path to peace one comes to realize that peace is the path.”